Your metabolism is the biochemical process where your body breaks down fuel and converts it into energy. An efficient metabolism doesn’t need to be complicated. If there is one golden rule to getting your metabolism up and running it is:
#1 Don’t Skip Meals.
The temptation might be there to skip a meal because it makes sense the less you eat, the less weight you gain. However, this could be sabotaging your metabolism. Your body doesn’t know the different between starving yourself and skipping a meal to get summer body ready. Instead try to eat smaller meals through the day.
Here are Natural Health Companies top ten foods to boost your metabolism
1. Berries are high in fibre and have anti-inflammatory properties to help with digestion and gut function. Add berries to your morning smoothie, your breakfast or as a light snack.
2. Kale is full of essential vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin A and vitamin C. Vitamin C can assist in the weight loss process by helping your body liquefy fat.
3. Legumes such as Chickpeas, Beans and Lentils.
These guys are an excellent source of protein to keep your metabolism running at high speed.
4. Wheat Grass Wheat grass can help supress the appetite. When added to your diet, it can help send a signal to your brain letting it know that you are full. Wheat grass improves digestion and eliminates toxins from the body naturally, which can prevent the build-up of fats and sugars in the body.
5. Avocados are an excellent source of monounsaturated fats, high in fibre and minerals such as iron and potassium. Adding avocados to your meals can boost satiety, meaning you’ll feel full for longer.
6. Maca is a natural energy booster, which can help reduce weight by keeping increasing energy to a level that keeps you motivated making it easier to do that workout or go for that 5k run. It’s not the easiest food to find, so thankfully Maca Powder is readily available in stores.
7. Lacto-fermented foods such as tempeh, kimchi or prebiotic yoghurt are high in protein, vitamin Bs and promote a healthy gut system. It has been said including food sources such as Tempeh into your diet can increase your metabolism due to appetite control.8. Chillies like the foods mentioned above, Chillies can suppress energy intake and modify macronutrient intake through appetite and satiety regulation. Adding chilli peppers to your meal can play a crucial role in keeping you full for longer? So, turn up the spice.
9. Ginger stimulates digestion and helps suppress the appetite. Ginger infused water may help promote weight loss when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
10. Beetroot According to new research beetroot juice can boost overall exercise performance and therefore help burn fat. Get your beet on!